Monday 9 June 2014

Featherdale

'To realise one's destiny is a person's only obligation.'


Continuing on from Katoomba...







I spent the entire bus journey in dreamland, by the time I woke up, I had already arrived at Featherdale!


As I was drifting in and out of consciousness on the bus, I did manage to (sort of) catch the tour guide explaining that the word 'kangaroo' actually means 'I don't understand you' in the Aboriginal language. When the ship first drifted ashore to Australia, the men disembarked, saw the kangaroos and were so intrigued by them that they ignored the spears and tribal warrior body paint of the Aboriginal men and went up to ask them, 'What are these beautiful creatures?' Of course, the answer that they got was 'kangaroo'. So fast track to modern day, the kangaroo is now so widely loved and known that the Aboriginal people have had to give another meaning to the word, kangaroo; I don't understand what the hell you're talking about/a lovely cuddly lump of joy that hops around and carries its babies in its pouch.


Leather fedora: handmade in Australia. Gilet: Beauty & Youth United Arrow. Tartan top, ankle boots: Zara.
They have surprisingly large feet if you compare it with the size of their paws!


Anyway, this little guy couldn't get enough of the ice cream cone and eventually nibbled my hand and grabbed it!



As large as Featherdale was, we had a one hour limit inside otherwise the bus would take off without us, so I only stayed in the koala sanctuary and watched the penguin feeding (the kangaroos and pelicans run wild so you'll find them everywhere); I don't regret missing the birds (WHY would they have pigeons on display, all they do is shit on your head) and the reptiles (snakes and crocodiles, enough said).


Koalas are surprisingly grumpy creatures, they spend their time eating, sleeping or sticking their tongue out at you. They hate being stroked or touched in any way, and when I tried taking a photo with him, he had his bum in my face the whole time. I moved, he moved. It took several attempts to get him to turn around. Throughout the whole ordeal, I was just praying that he wouldn't fart in my face. Or worse.




Everybody else crowded around the baby penguins! I love the way the waddle! They look like me when I'm walking in my six inch heels.


A happy looking penguin. It was such a great day out, the weather in Sydney is too good to be true! I've been here for nearly two weeks now, and it's been sunny every single day, I love Sydney!

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment